The Records unit at UCPD Berkeley is available Monday - Friday, 8AM - 3PM (closed on weekends and University holidays). You can contact us by phone (510) 642-6760 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Report information will not be released unless the requester establishes both a “right to know” and a “need to know.” Persons who are named as criminal suspects are not eligible to receive copies of police reports. The release of police reports is governed by California Public Records Act (Government Code §7920.000 et seq.) and UCPD Berkeley policy
Insurance companies representing an involved party should be provided with the UCPD Berkeley case number and instructed to order the police report directly from our department.
Requesting a police report
To request a report, please complete and return the following form: UCPD Berkeley - Records Request Form
- This form may be filled out in advance and delivered to UCPD Berkeley in person or via email, fax, or mail.
- Once received by our department, allow up to ten (10) working days to process the request.
- You will be notified when your report is ready for pickup via email and/or phone call.
- At the time of pick-up, the affidavit (section 3) must be signed in the presence of a UCPD Berkeley representative and provide a valid government issued I.D. to receive the requested report.
- There is a non-refundable $10 fee for copies of police reports (checks should be made payable to “U.C. Regents”). The fee will be waived if the requester is documented as a victim in the case, or if the requestor is an agent of the University and requires the report for bona fide administrative purposes.
For more information please contact the Records & Communications unit during business hours:
Phone: (510) 642-6760
Fax: (510) 643-4655