Campus policy and state law forbid the unlawful manufacture, distribution, dispensing, possession, use, or sale of alcoholic beverages or controlled substances by employees and students in the workplace, on University premises, at official University functions, or on University business. Specific restrictions can be found in the Rules, Regulations & Campus Policies chapter of this booklet and in the following sources:
- University of California Policy on Substance Abuse (11/1/90)
- The Code of Student Conduct, University of California, Berkeley. (Copies of these documents can be obtained at the reference desk of the Main Library, at the Office of Student Life, and at the offices of Human Resources, Academic Personnel, and the Office of Student Conduct.)
- The Federal Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988 (Public Law 100-690, Title V, Sub D)
- The Drug-Free Schools and Communities Acts of 1989
- The California State Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1990
- The Controlled Substances Act 21, United States Code 812, and by regulation at 21, Code of Federal Regulations 1308. (Copies are available at the Government Documents Department, Rm. 350, Main Library.
Many of these and other campus policies can be found online by going to the Directory of Administrative Policies and Procedures at
campuspol.chance.berkeley.edu and searching for "alcohol".