The following tips may help prevent robbery.
Travel with others
- Use the UC Berkeley free Night Safety Services
- Travel with a friend or in a group
- Avoid dark, vacant or deserted areas
- Use well-lit, well-traveled routes
- Be alert and aware of your surroundings
- Dress in clothes and shoes which will not hamper movement
If you sense danger...
- Move away from the threat. Cross the street and increase your pace.
- Join a group of people or enter an open business establishment.
Keep valuables out of sight
- Do not display cash in a public area
- When out and about, keep your electronic devices out of public view as they are a popular robbery target