If you’re unsure of how to help – don’t waste time – get help by calling 9-1-1.
Look For Signs Of Alcohol Poisoning
- Cold, clammy skin
- Slowed or irregular breathing
- Puking, particularly while passed out
If ANY of the signs are evident call 9-1-1 for help immediately.
Health And Safety Are #1 Priority
- Stay with person – Don’t leave them to “sleep it off”
- Ensure they rest on side to prevent choking on own vomit.
- No food, drink, or drugs if they’ve vomited in the last 2 hours – it can cause vomiting or choking.
- Keep them still to avoid injury – No walking or standing without assistance; Do not let them leave or drive if they may cause harm to self or others